Rugged, waterproof and unsinkable, the GPSMAP 76 is right at home on land or sea. It is tough on the outside, waterproof and yes, it even floats. With its detailed mapping capabilities you will always know where you are and where you're going.
The extra-large display measuring 4.1 x 5.6 cm provides a clear view of information, while the waterproof case means the GPSMAP 76 will keep working well even if it's been submerged in water. Even more amazing, this unit will actually float if accidentally dropped in the water.
The GPSMAP 76 has eight megabytes of internal user memory for storing optional MapSource detailed maps, including marine Blue Chart cartography and Metroguide street maps. This memory is preloaded from the factory with Australasian cities, main roads and interstate highways, coastlines, lakes, rivers, railway lines and a database of nautical navaids.
- Built-in quad helix receiving antenna.
- High-contrast FSTN, gray scale (180 x 240 pixels) display.
- Backlit display and keypad
- 8 MB of memory for optional MapSource detailed maps.
- Permanent user data storage; no memory battery required.
- Water resistant, IEC-529, IPX7 (Submersible 1 meter @ 30 minutes) and floatable.
- 500 user waypoints with name and graphic symbol; 50 reversible routes.
- Position formats include Lat/Lon, UTM, Loran TDs, Maidenhead, MGRS, and user grid.
- Audible alarms for anchor drag, approach and arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint, shallow water and deep water.
- "Large numbers" option for easy viewing.
- 8 MB internal memory for loading MapSource? Bluechart marine or Metroguide street maps.
- Trip computer provides odometer, stopped time, moving average, overall average, total time, max speed, and more.
- Automatic track log; 10 saved tracks let you retrace your path in both directions.
- Course and speed filtering.
- Built-in celestial tables for best time to fish, plus sun and moon calculations.